decPT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD | Part-Time Grant Accountant | City of Lubbock
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Continuous Part-Time Grant Accountant | Job Number: PT997-3311 Community Services | City of Lubbock Summary **GRANT FUNDED POSITION** Performs professional level grant accounting
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Part-Time Grant Accountant | Job Number: PT997-3311
Community Services | City of Lubbock
**GRANT FUNDED POSITION**
Performs professional level grant accounting duties at a beginner to intermediate level to prepare and maintain accurate financial records; and provide financial reports to internal and external users.
- Examine grant accounting and financial transactions for completeness, accuracy, and conformance to policies and procedures;
- Record details of transactions manually or through the use of a computer
- Assist with state and federal reporting;
- Reconcile discrepancies and prepare entries to correct erroneous transactions;
- Balance accounts and prepare preliminary accounting reports and statements;
- Perform related duties as required.
Completion of a bachelor degree in accounting, finance, or a related field with an additional 1-2 years of grant accounting or closely related field; or any combination of relevant education and experience which provides the following:
Knowledge and Abilities
- Grant financial compliance and requirements.
- Prepare and review financial transactions;
- Assist with grant reporting;
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Operate computer and software;
- Compile and interpret data.
- Occasionally lift up to 25 pounds;
- Occasionally carry up to 25 pounds;
- Frequently stand and walk;
- Occasionally kneel;
- Frequently push or pull objects;
- Frequently rotate upper trunk to right or left while sitting or standing;
- Frequently reach above, at, or below shoulder height;
- Frequently handle objects.
Month Long Event (december)