Lubbock Photo-thon July 2020 City of Lubbock Public Libraries https://ci.lubbock.tx.us/departments/library Submission deadline: Saturday, July 11th 10am – 4pm
Registration required: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904084da5a928a2fa7-lubbock
Themes will be announced via Email, Facebook & Instagram at 10 am and the participant must have photos in given order with title submitted to [email protected] by 4 pm on Saturday July 11, 2020
Lubbock Library Photo-thon
What is it?
The Photo-thon is a timed, photo competition created to see Lubbock from a different perspective based on the given themes from RB Digital Magazine covers. The photos you submit will not have any edits or post-production changes (using editors, social media, etc.) and must be taken in Lubbock, Texas on July 11,2020. You may only use your smartphone. Photos will be based on creativity, interpretation, execution and composition. There will only be 1 winner, who will have their photos announced and published on our social media sites.
- Participants must register here by July 11, 2020 to participate in competition. There are 100 slots available for registration.
- Upon submission, participants are agreeing to the rules and regulations provided below.
- The marathon is open to amateur and professional photographers of any age.
- Participants must bring and use their own smart phones. The organizer is not responsible for providing smartphone cameras.
- Photos must be taken on the day of competition and in Lubbock, Texas.
- Photos may not have any post-production editing using any software (e.g. photo-editors, social media).
- The organizer (Lubbock Library) will announce all 6 themes via Email, Facebook & Instagram at 10 am and the participant must have photos in given order with title submitted to [email protected] by 4 pm on Saturday July 11, 2020.
- Participants who do not submit photos in the given order will be disqualified.
- Photos that contain explicit nudity, language, or criminal behavior of any kind are prohibited and participant will be disqualified from competition.
- Photos with other persons, especially children, must give their consent of photos being taken. It is the responsibility of the participant to obtain permission from persons to take photos and publish photos.
- Most artwork, including public art, installations and sculptures, is covered by copyright and should only be photographed as a background element.
- Participants must respect the rights of property owners. Property owners have the right to restrict you from taking photos while standing on their property (including outside spaces and inside buildings). You are allowed to take a photo while standing on public property.
- Lubbock Library is not responsible for any injury, damages or loss while participating in the Photo-thon. You are participating at your own risk.
- Photos submitted after 4pm will be not be accepted.
Terms & Conditions:
- Participation in the marathon signifies the agreement and acceptance of the Rules & Regulations, as well as the Terms & Conditions as listed.
- Participants retain full ownership of their photos taken during marathon, however, the Lubbock Library will be posting photos in album on social media with credit. Winner will also have photos published on social media and announced.
- Decisions by the organizers and judges are final. No queries will be entertained.
- The organizer reserves the right to disqualify any participant who has infringed any of the marathon Rules & Regulations.
- The organizer is not responsible for entries not received due to lost or broken cameras, obstructions or miscommunications, or other technical or electronic malfunctions.
- The organizer reserves the right to alter or amend the Rules & Regulations, as well as the Terms & Conditions without notice at any time before the marathon.
To be considered for the prizes, participants must be registered and submit all 6 pictures with personal information and captions by 4:00 pm.
Submission will be through a Gmail account ([email protected]) which will be organized and posted on Facebook as a photo album. The 6 photos will be placed into a collage and uploaded as a single image. Participants may share their photo to be judged as a “popularity” contest with an opportunity to win the *****.
By submitting photos, participants are accepting that the photos belong to them and do not break any copyright rules. Participant photos may be published, posted, re-used for library purposes but not sold by the library. Any outside company’s interests must request these from the library, and in turn the library will contact the participant and have them contact said company. It is not the responsibility of the library to contact third party vendors for participants. The library will not tolerate any photos that do not follow copyright laws, and are subject to punishment at no fault of the library.
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 4:00 pm