EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Retail Manager – 26020BR
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Retail Manager – 26020BR
National Ranching Heritage Center
Deadline: November 15th
Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of retail outlets. Manages staff, stock and resources. Promotes customer service and plans, organizes and develops goals and procedures. Represents the outlet to administrators, outside agencies and others on relevant matters. Supervises subordinate staff.
About the Department and/or College
The National Ranching Heritage Center is located on the North edge of the Texas Tech University Campus. It is an indoor/outdoor museum preserving ranching history. Inside the museum is the gift shop Cogdell’s General Store.
The Cogdell’s General Store Retail Manager profitably manages the museum gift store (located within the National Ranching Heritage Center) and Ranching Heritage Association logoed product. The retail manager promotes excellent customer service, as well as plans and organizes merchandising opportunities. The retail manager is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of retail outlets, including in-store and online sales. The retail manager oversees staff, stock and resources and represents the store to administrators, outside agencies and others on relevant matters.
- Supervises Cogdell’s General Store staff and ensures that Cogdell’s General Store is staffed at all times with well-trained, friendly, knowledgeable clerks who provide outstanding customer service to in-store guests, online buyers and all other visitors.
- The retail manager ensures that the product mix meets the buying needs of both in-person and online guests. To do so, the retail manager maintains an appropriate inventory of preferred product, makes timely orders, checks-in merchandise and inventories stock with an eye on the bottom line and increasing profitability for the store.
- Monitors inventory pricing, shipping costs and required minimums with profitability as the goal.
- Must be able to meet financial goals and understand financial statements.
- Develop and manage online sales with the goal of increasing the profitability of Cogdell’s General Store.
- Work with the National Ranching Heritage Center Marketing Team to develop an overarching branding and marketing strategy, including through online and social media content, with the goal of increasing overall merchandise revenue and branding.
- Oversee development of Ranch Life Learning (featuring Hank the Cowdog), National Ranching Heritage Center and Ranching Heritage Association product lines.
- Research demand for specialized or exclusive product lines and work with vendors to expand Cogdell’s General Store merchandising opportunities.
- Design compelling displays that highlight merchandising opportunities and move products.
- Increase Cogdell’s General Store profitability through a deep understanding of souvenir, Texas, Western and ranching products and books.
- Coordinates with National Ranching Heritage Center staff, members of the Ranching Heritage Association board of directors and others to best represent the National Ranching Heritage Center mission through Cogdell’s General Store.
- Research best practices and propose opportunities for additional revenue streams, such as corporate gifts, co-branding, gift baskets and packages etc. that utilize Cogdell’s and National Ranching Heritage Center brands and product mixes with the goals of increasing brand awareness and product sales.
Bachelor’s degree with two years supervisory experience; OR a combination of education and/or supervisory experience to equal six years.
B.S. in marketing, communications, merchandising or similar degree plan. Two years of retail experience. Lift and carry at least 25 pounds.
Three to five years of experience managing a retail store and/or online merchandising. Experience managing and training retail staff.
Occasional Duties: as assigned
Cover Letter, Professional/Personal References, Resume / CV, Statement of Vision or Purpose for the Position
Job Type: Full Time
Pay Basis: Hourly
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
October 26 (Tuesday) - November 15 (Monday)