EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Closing September 17th Municipal Museums Marketing and Events Coordinator | Job Number: M294-5219 Community Services | City of Lubbock Summary Oversees marketing
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Closing September 17th
Municipal Museums Marketing and Events Coordinator | Job Number: M294-5219
Community Services | City of Lubbock
Oversees marketing plan development, implementation, and reporting for the Buddy Holly Center and the Silent Wings Museum, successfully bringing the mission statements, programs, and exhibitions of these organizations to the local community and larger audiences. Promotes the Municipal Museums in accordance with the City of Lubbock marketing and social media standards/codes of conduct. Acts as lead coordinator for annual special events. Manages the marketing department for both venues, works closely with other department heads, and effectively collaborates with outside organizations. Oversees the rental program and acts as rental liaison. Experienced public speaker and represents the Municipal Museums and the City of Lubbock with confidence in a variety of settings.
It is an essential function of this classification to report for work at the assigned time ready to perform the duties required of the position. The following is intended to be descriptive of the principal duties of a class of positions.
- Create engaging promotional material, including, but not limited to, newsletters and press releases. Applicants with Graphic Design experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicant will create digital content that is accessible to all audiences, adhering to the most current accessibility practices.
- Represent the Municipal Museums on social media as an exciting participant and community by establishing a consistent social media presence and dialogue;
- Act as customer service representative through social media, capable of successfully navigating these social platforms while adhering to the Municipal Museums and the City of Lubbock’s codes of conduct.
- Plan, Create, schedule, monitor, and report social media campaigns and consolidate for quarterly reporting.
- Act as a rental liaison by supplying interested parties with accurate information (including rental rates, availability, facility details, policies, and procedures), preparing and securing lessee contracts, and enforcing contract regulations and guidelines.
- Oversee and effectively utilize the marketing budgets for the Buddy Holly Center and the Silent Wings Museum.
- Successfully plan, coordinate, manage and troubleshoot special events. This position will include sourcing entertainment, securing contracts, distributing payment, and more.
- Manage and direct the work of a part-time assistant.
- Perform related duties as required.
The position requires a bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, fine arts, or a related field with an additional two years experience in organizing and directing special events for a museum, convention center, or community festival; or any combination of relevant education and experience which provides the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
Knowledge and Abilities
- Procedures and practices of marketing, public relations, social media management, event planning, rental and engagement contracts.
- Plan, create, and implement marketing strategies;
- Direct and organize special events or rentals;
- Create and manage websites and social media postings;
- Utilize graphic design skills;
- Communicate articulately and effectively in interviews, emails, by phone, through social media, and in person, with professional colleagues, coworkers, visitors, and virtual audience members;
- Maintain accurate reporting and records;
- Work with boards, committees, or other outside organizations to plan and implement special events;
- Manage a part-time marketing assistant in a professional manner;
- Collaborate with coworkers on projects.
- Occasionally walk and kneel during shift;
- Frequently bend during shift;
- Frequently lift and carry up to 10 pounds;
- Occasionally flex upper trunk forward at waist and partially at the knees;
- Frequently rotate upper trunk to the left or right while sitting or standing;
- Place arms at, above and below shoulder height.
september 15 (Wednesday) - 17 (Friday)