EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Continuous Management Assistant | Job Number: M249-1211 City Secretary Office | City of Lubbock Summary Performs professional administrative work as staff assistant
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Management Assistant | Job Number: M249-1211
City Secretary Office | City of Lubbock
Performs professional administrative work as staff assistant to a department head and/or director.
- Assist in budget preparation and maintain records of budget status;
- Gather and analyze information and statistics on departmental activities;
- Prepare analyses, summary reports, presentations, and recommendations for review of supervisor;
- Conduct studies of personnel utilization and training needs;
- Relieve supervisor of routine administrative details;
- Answer inquiries from the public and handle general public relations work;
- Supervise the work of clerical employees;
- Coordinate various meetings for supervisor;
- Perform related duties as directed.
Completion of a bachelor degree in public administration or a related field with a preferred six to eighteen months of experience in municipal administration; or any combination of relevant education and experience which provides the following:
Knowledge and Abilities
- The principles and methods of public administration;
- Use of computers in business applications;
- Statistics and research methods.
- Analyze problems and make sound recommendations;
- Speak and write effectively;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with administrators, employees, and the public;
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Frequently lift and carry up to 10 pounds;
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds;
- Occasionally walk during the shift;
- Occasionally climb stairs and other inclined surfaces;
- Occasionally bend and kneel during the shift.
Month Long Event (december)