EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Manager – Development – 28000BR KTTZ Radio Station Position Description Manages a sub unit within
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Manager – Development – 28000BR
KTTZ Radio Station
Manages a sub unit within a department. Plans, organizes and develops goals and procedures. Represents the sub unit to administrators, outside agencies and others on relevant matters. Supervises subordinate staff.
About the Department and/or College
Educating. Innovating. Inspiring. Public Media for El Paso, Lubbock, and San Angelo
- Oversee a strategic major underwriting program, meeting annual revenue and moving prospects through the cultivation/solicitation cycle
- Plans, coordinates, and directs activities to secure and maintain underwriting for Texas Tech Public Media from various entities. Brings in new corporate support revenue to reach development goals.
- Coordinates strategies with membership and development colleagues to secure corporate, foundation, grants and private funding for the station’s operations and programs.
- Devise and systematically test new and creative engagement and cultivation strategies to ensure best practices. Develop these strategies in concert with the management team.
- Facilitate discussions among Texas Tech Public Media staff about development opportunities. Takes the lead in executing corporate support fundraising and events.
- Interacts with donor/members over the phone, e-mail, and in person to develop and deepen relationships through formal and informal stewardship.
- Identify philanthropic opportunities within the community; actively participate in cultivation plans with development, sales staff and production.
Bachelor’s degree with two years supervisory experience; OR a combination of education and/or supervisory experience to equal six years.
Proven track record of successfully achieving sales revenue goals. Proven track record of developing new business as well as success in management of an existing account base. Persuasive communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be self-motivated, results oriented and goal focused. An understanding of or direct experience with on-air fundraising in a public media organization strongly desired. The ability to deal effectively with a variety of public and private clients and groups.
Serves as an appropriate representative of Texas Tech Public Media to the public.
Month Long Event (april)