Open Position at LHUCA: Development Director LHUCA is seeking a creative individual with great people skills to schedule and oversee rental events and manage marketing. This position is full-time with benefits.
Open Position at LHUCA: Development Director
LHUCA is seeking a creative individual with great people skills to schedule and oversee rental events and manage marketing. This position is full-time with benefits. Full job description linked to button below. Review of applicants to begin immediately. To apply, qualified applicants should send a cover letter that details experience and interest in the position, resume or CV, and list of three references to [email protected]
LHUCA Development Director
Position Title: Development Director
Supervisor: Executive Director
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Lubbock, TX
LHUCA is a non-profit center for the visual, performing and literary arts located in the heart of the
Lubbock Cultural District. This year, we will celebrate our 25th anniversary as an arts organization. Our
mission is to cultivate and celebrate all the arts by inspiring creativity and engaging with the community.
LHUCA’s main building houses four fine art gallery spaces that are free and open to the public. Concert,
dance, theatrical and film programs are held in our 159-seat Firehouse Theatre. In addition, our campus
includes an education building, plaza, multipurpose building, and clay studio. Each year, over 60,000
people benefit from LHUCA’s programs and services.
Develop, manage, and oversee a comprehensive fundraising plan that secures financial support and
promotes LHUCA. Works with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to cultivate and engage
new and current donors, including corporations, businesses, and individuals. Responsible for managing
the annual membership campaign and fundraisers including the LHUCA Gala. (60%)
• Maintain and update the LHUCA Development Plan
• Work hands-on developing and executing fundraising events
• Plan and implement the annual membership campaign
• Build donor base by engaging new donors
• Make corporate asks for program and event support
• Ensure that all contributors, both monetary and in-kind, are acknowledged
• Work with sponsors to ensure sponsor benefit packages are met
• Utilize donor management software to track donations and manage campaigns
• Work with the Board of Directors and Development Committee on fundraising efforts
• Supervise assigned staff including front desk
Handles day-to-day financial operations for the organization (40%)
• Maintains basic accounting via QuickBooks
• Works closely with outside accountant and auditors
• Balances monthly activity including bank and credit card statements.
• Manages accounts receivable and accounts payable; generates invoices and pays bills
• Works with Executive Director to gather materials for grant reporting
• Other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate is self-starter who loves planning and prioritizing. Fundraising experience and
excellent customer service skills are a must. A passion for non-profits and/or the arts is a plus.
Bookkeeping or financial oversight experience needed. This person should thrive in a fast passed,
collaborative work environment.
• Bachelor’s degree with experience in nonprofit, development, alumni relations, marketing,
public relations, or similar work.
• Proven success in fundraising and development
• Experience running large-scale fundraising events
• Experience implementing membership programs
• Experience making corporate asks
• Familiar with donor or customer management software (any platform)
• Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures
• Proficient in any accounting software (training for QuickBooks provided if needed)
• Advanced knowledge of Excel (using financial formulas and creating spreadsheets)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Leadership or personnel management experience
• Master’s or advanced degree with experience in nonprofit, development, alumni relations,
marketing, public relations, or similar work.
• Non-profit experience
• Knowledge of/passion for the arts
Starting salary range: $55,000 – $59,000 (depending on experience). Benefits package includes vacation
and sick pay, health insurance, and employer match retirement plan. If relocating to Lubbock, temporary
onsite housing option available.
Qualified applicants should send the following to [email protected]:
• Cover letter that details experience and interest in the position
• List of three references
Job description from: lhuca.org/about
Month Long Event (june)