CALL FOR ARTISTS LHUCA 511 Avenue K Contemporary Portrait: A National Juried Exhibition Portraits are a long-standing genre of fine art: always evolving and changing in style and media. LHUCA seeks
CALL FOR ARTISTS
511 Avenue K
Contemporary Portrait: A National Juried Exhibition
Portraits are a long-standing genre of fine art: always evolving and changing in style and media. LHUCA seeks artworks that broaden the definition of portraiture and its relevance in contemporary art. Portraits can be more than simply visual recognition and resemblance: they can offer a conceptual interpretation of the theme through a diverse range of media and creative possibilities.
Juror: Dave McClinton
Dave McClinton has been a creative professional for more than two decades. His expertise in branding consultations, corporate identity, and web design has been developed by participating in every level of the creative process. That knowledge and drive has been honed within the publishing world, tech startups, and design studios.
He earned a BFA in Visual Communication at Texas State University at San Marcos. Dave has been published in the Print Regional Annual and Logo Lounge publications. Dave is a key collaborator and core team member of African American Graphic Designers (AAGD). https://www.davemcclinton.com/
· $20 for up to three entries.
· Artists may submit up to one image per artwork per entry.
· All works must hang on the wall.
· Call open to artists creating working in painting, drawing, printmaking, mixed media, collage, photography, digital art, ceramics, books, textiles, wall sculptures
· Artists must be at least 18 years of age and living in the United States.
· Size restrictions: Maximum 24” x 24”
· Framed works: For shipped works, only plexiglass as the glazing on framed pieces will be accepted. Hand-delivered pieces can have glass.
· Entry deadline: October 11, 2021 at 11:59 pm CST
· Notification date: October 18, 2021
· Artists will be notified via email through CaFÉ.
· Delivery deadline: October 29, 2021
· Return shipping: Week of January 3, 2022
· Exhibition dates: November 5 – December 23, 2021
· Opening receptions: November 5 and December 3, 2021
during the First Friday Art Trail from 6 – 9 pm
1st place: $400
2nd place: $200
3rd place: $100
2 Honorable Mention: $50 each
Submissions will only be accepted through CaFE:
· Artists will be responsible for shipping their work and associated costs.
· Work must be shipped with prepaid return shipping to:
511 Ave K
Lubbock, Texas 79401
If you have any questions please contact:
Linda Cullum, [email protected], 806-762-8606
September 17 (Friday) 12:00 am - October 11 (Monday) 11:59 pm
511 Avenue K