EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Closing October 8th Part-time Library Assistant | Mahon Library | Job Number: OT775-5214 Community Services | City of Lubbock Summary Performs paraprofessional
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Closing October 8th
Part-time Library Assistant | Mahon Library | Job Number: OT775-5214
Community Services | City of Lubbock
Performs paraprofessional level duties to assist library patrons and maintain library collection of materials.
- Assist patrons in the use of library facilities and materials;
- Assist in providing special library programs;
- Assist in selection and location of appropriate books and magazines;
- Assist in processing books which are being checked in or out;
- Assist in reshelving returned books and keep accurate records of any resulting fines;
- Provide technical support for internal library functions such as acquisition and cataloging;
- Keep up with inventory and order supplies when needed;
- Perform related duties as directed.
Completion of a bachelor’s degree in a related field with an additional one to three years of experience working in library services, teaching or education field, or other experience providing programs to children or adults; or any combination of relevant education and experience which provides the following:
Knowledge and Abilities
- Library organization and procedures;
- A variety of books and library materials.
- Promote library services and public relations;
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 10 pounds
- Occasionally walk and stand during a shift
- Occasionally flex upper trunk forward at the waist and partially flex at the knees
- Place arms above, at or below shoulder height
September 23 (Thursday) - October 8 (Friday)