VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Programs/Events Intern Volunteer Center
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Volunteer Center of Lubbock
Requested hours per week: 10-15 hours, unpaid
Requested time commitment: Summer 2022 and/or Fall 2022
Potential Majors: Public Relations, Advertising, Communication Studies, RHIM, Business, HDFS, other
1. Event coordination, promotion, preparation, and evaluation for:
b. Golf Tournament
c. Youth Events
d. National Days of Service
e. Other events as needed
2. Assist with planning and research for:
c. New programs
3. Other office-related tasks and duties
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Professional phone and email etiquette.
• Related coursework or previous experience a plus.
Benefits to Intern:
• Gain knowledge of the nonprofit field
• Learn how to effectively coordinate workshops and events
• The opportunity to create portfolio-quality work
• Develop contacts with businesses, individuals, and fellow nonprofits in the community
All Day (Sunday)