GRANT OPPORTUNITY Microgrant Support Program
Microgrant Support Program
In response to these challenging times, the City of Lubbock established a $1 million microgrant for sole proprietors, independent contractors and dislocated workers who were negatively impacted by this public health emergency.
To apply for financial assistance:
City of Lubbock Public Health Emergency Microgrant Support Program
The City of Lubbock established a $1 million microgrant to offer financial assistance to sole proprietors, independent contractors and workers negatively affected by the public health emergency caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Businesses applying for the grant must be in operation for one year with 2019 tax returns or 2018 if 2019 is not available. The business must be within the city limits of Lubbock, and gross revenues for the business should not exceed $75,000 annually.
- The business may use the grant for working capital.
- The business will not be considered for the grant if the business received funds from the Paycheck Protection Program Loan or the Economic Injury Disaster Loan.
- For the individual worker, he/she must certify that they were employed as of March 14, 2020 and their income was reduced or eliminated as a result of the public health emergency.
- The worker must also provide all W-2 forms from 2019, earn less than $75,000 in gross revenues and certify that he/she lives in the city of Lubbock.
- The dislocated worker must not have previously received unemployment benefits.
- Each business or impacted worker is eligible for one $4,000 grant.
- All applicants must be current on personal and business property taxes and submit a completed application to be considered.
- Applicants will be placed in a funding pool from June 10, 2020 to June 16, 2020. Grant recipients will be drawn randomly within each pool on June 17, 2020. If any funds are still available after awarding applicants within a pool, the remaining funds will be placed in the pool with the least amount of gross revenues that still has applicants.
REVENUES AND AWARDS
- 4o% of the grant funding pool will go to applicants with up to $25,ooo or less in gross revenues
- 35% of the grant funding pool will go to applicants with gross revenues between $25,ooo up to $5o,ooo
- 25% of the grant funding pool will go to applicants with gross revenues between $5o,ooo up to $75,ooo
june 10 (Wednesday) - 16 (Tuesday)