EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Closing March 4th – EXTENDED TO 3/18 Part-time Maintenance Worker | Mahon Library | Job Number: PT985-5214 Municipal Libraries | City of Lubbock
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Closing March 4th – EXTENDED TO 3/18
Part-time Maintenance Worker | Mahon Library | Job Number: PT985-5214
Municipal Libraries | City of Lubbock
Performs a variety of routine repairs, maintenance and grounds keeping work for the Lubbock Public Libraries; including some painting, furniture assembly and general upkeep of the library facilities.
- Maintains library grounds daily; removes debris, liter and trash from the grounds and performs routine building maintenance, as needed.
- Assembles and moves office furniture including library shelving, chairs, desks, tables, bulletin boards, etc.
- Paints offices, meeting rooms and other public area including minor wall repairs.
- Dust book shelves, empty and clean waste receptacles; remove marks and scuffs from the walls;
- Maintains storage areas and break rooms;
- Cleans and maintains nearby paved and planted areas;
- Assist with setting up rooms for special events and meetings;
- Transport library materials, furniture and supplies in City vehicle;
- May interact with visitors and patrons;
- Perform related duties as directed.
Completion of High School Diploma or G.E.D and one (1) year of experience performing routine maintenance and grounds keeping work; or any combination of relevant education and experience which provides the following:
Physical Exam Required
Valid TX Driver’s license
Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of general building and grounds maintenance practices and procedures;
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trades involved;
- Ability to learn by method of on-the-job training including ability to follow instructions;
- Ability to perform routine and minor repair and maintenance activities of buildings and grounds;
- Ability to use and maintain maintenance equipment and tools effectively and in a safe manner;
- Ability to detect defects in equipment and to make proper repairs or adjustments;
- Ability to follow instructions and work with little or no supervision.
- Read, write and comprehend daily instructions;
- Perform basic, light maintenance and gardening;
- Follow oral and written instructions;
- Prioritize tasks based on importance and timeliness.
- Frequently lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift up to 75 pounds;
- Frequently carry up to 25 pounds and occasionally carry up to 50 pounds;
- Frequently walk and stand during the shift;
- Occasionally bend and kneel;
- Frequently climb ladders, stairs, scaffolding, poles and inclined surfaces;
- Continuously flex upper trunk forward at the waist and partially flex at the knees;
- Occasionally rotate upper body to the right or left while sitting or standing;
- Frequently reach above, at, or below shoulder height;
- Frequently push and pull objects.
Month Long Event (march)