EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Closing September 24th Part-time Gallery Assistant | Job Number: PT942-5224 Community Services | City of Lubbock Summary Assist in the coordination and
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Closing September 24th
Part-time Gallery Assistant | Job Number: PT942-5224
Community Services | City of Lubbock
Assist in the coordination and installation of exhibitions and related programs in cultural facilities.
- Prepare galleries for installation of exhibitions;
- Assist in the packing and unpacking of artwork and related items that are received into the facility;
- Assist in the organization and maintenance of all gallery related supplies, tools, and art supplies;
- Assist in the installation of artwork and related items for exhibitions;
- Assist in the maintenance of records and files related to programs and exhibitions;
- Assist int he preparation of opening receptions and special events;
- Utilize a variety of computer software to produce documents that may include or incorporate text, tables, and graphics-such as gallery labels or wall text for exhibitions;
- Perform related duties as required.
Completion of a high school diploma or the equivalent, with completion of an additional one to two years of college coursework or any combination of education and experience that provides the following:
Knowledge and Abilities
- Office practices and procedures;
- Principles and procedures for using business computers;
- Proper public contact and telephone etiquette;
- Accepted museological practices and principles.
- Use manual and power tools;
- Use and climb a ladder;
- Spell and use correct grammar;
- Communicate effectively with others;
- Follow oral and written instruction;
- Work independently in the absence of specific instructions;
- Perform computer/word processing functions.
- Frequently stand, bend, kneel and walk during shift;
- Frequently climb stairs;
- Occasionally push and pull objects;
- Occasionally flex upper trunk forward and at the waist and partially flexing of knees;
- Frequently lift and carry up to 25 pounds;
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds;
- Occasionally rotate upper trunk to the right or left while sitting or standing;
- Frequently place arms above, at or below shoulder height.
september 15 (Wednesday) - 24 (Friday)