Lubbock County Gardens Sunday, September 3rd 1 – 6pm Tickets: $20/person. Kids 13 & younger are free; https://lmga.ticketspice.com/2023-hub-city-garden-tour Event Details:
Lubbock County Gardens
Sunday, September 3rd
1 – 6pm
Tickets: $20/person. Kids 13 & younger are free; https://lmga.ticketspice.com/2023-hub-city-garden-tour
- Hub City Garden Tour. Self-guided tour of six gardens are offered by area residents and organizations. They each have distinctive designs, features and purposes, with a common theme of environmentally friendly practices.
- Lubbock Master Gardeners will be on hand to answer questions and highlight areas of interest in each garden.
- Locations: On September 2, garden locations will be emailed to all ticket holders. The garden addresses also will be publicized for those who want to buy tickets in-person on September 3 at one of the gardens, including the new LMGA Demonstration Garden, 4111 University Ave. (the only tour location announced prior to September 2.) Ticket holders can tour the gardens in any order.
- The LMGA Demonstration Garden is the only tour site that will have brief scheduled talks, all given by Lubbock Master Gardeners, every hour 1:30 – 5:30 pm
- Benefit: Ticket sales benefit the free education and resources offered in Lubbock County by LMGA, an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) organization affiliated with Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service.
Please note that many of the gardens are not wheelchair accessible or suitable for strollers. Comfortable shoes, a hat and sunscreen are suggested. Photography is acceptable. This event takes place rain or shine.Proceeds benefit the free educational outreach programs offered in Lubbock County by the 70-plus members of the Lubbock Master Gardener Association (LMGA). LMGA programs include scholarships, free Sow & Grow Seed Libraries, school gardens, the in-development Demonstration Garden, and more.
(Sunday) 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm