Job Title: Teaching Artist Job Type: Contract Employee Compensation: Dependent on experience and project scope
Job Title: Teaching Artist
Job Type: Contract Employee
Compensation: Dependent on experience and project scope
LHUCA invites applications for employment as Teaching Artists to be considered for its various programs. LHUCA seeks applicants with experience teaching a wide range of arts disciplines, including:
• Visual Art
• Literary Arts
Programs the Teaching Artist may be considered for include: Healing Arts, Camps, Adult Workshops, Monthly gallery make-and-takes, gallery tours, First Friday Art Trail, local festivals
and other events.
Teaching Artists will develop interactive arts activities for program participants. Depending on the schedule needs of artists and venues, activities can follow any one of these formats:
• Monthly, classes of singing, dancing, painting, etc.
• Week-long camps or workshops
• Group art activities
• Occasional visits to partnering venues
Teaching Artists will be contract employees of LHUCA and will be required to complete a Teaching Artist Agreement before they can begin instruction. Applicants must be prepared to present a government-issued photo ID and undergo a background check, if needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Minimum High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent degree; some college preferred.
• Experience teaching fine arts, performing arts or arts-related disciplines.
• Experience working with diverse populations, including children, teens, adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
• Must have access to reliable transportation.
Submit cover letter and resume to Jordan Canal, LHUCA Program Coordinator at [email protected] or in-person at LHUCA 511 Ave K, Lubbock, TX 79401.
Month Long Event (march)