EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD PT Stagehand #13181-001- ASM
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
PT Stagehand #13181-001- ASM Global
Buddy Holly Hall
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Stagehand to join our production team at the Buddy Holly Hall in Lubbock, Texas. The Stagehand, under the direct supervision of the Production Manager shall be responsible for supporting the technical production needs of various types of production events including but not limited to large scale plays/musicals, dance, opera, musical concerts, comedians, and corporate events.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in technical theater practices including sound, video, theatrical lighting, and rigging (fly system and chain motor).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in all aspects of production events including but not limited load in/setup/performance/strike/load out as well as various assignments as required by the event
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Construct set pieces, risers, stages, musical equipment, etc.
- Spotlight operation during shows for qualified personnel
- Assist with video, sound, and light production before, during and after shows
- Move furniture, road cases, miscellaneous equipment
- Duties may include setting up and tearing down flooring, portable chairs, barricades, staging, tables and other furnishings and equipment.
- Performs routine facility maintenance as related to the production department and backstage areas
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, days, evenings, and holidays.
- Able to stand for long periods; able to walk up and down steep stairs.
- Occasionally required to kneel, climb to high walkways, catwalks, and gridded work areas.
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull 50 pounds or more.
- Strong practical knowledge of video, sound, lighting and stagecraft practices.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility to stand for long hours during events, talk, and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building as needed by events.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Director or Facility Accounting and Human Resources Designee:
1300 Mac Davis Lane
Lubbock, TX 79401
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 806-451-1808.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Month Long Event (november)