EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Senior Administrative Assistant – 26356BR School of Music Position Description
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Senior Administrative Assistant – 26356BR
School of Music
Serves as the principal clerical and administrative support position to an administrative officer. This title is restricted for use in the office of a Dean, Associate Vice Chancellor/Associate Vice President, Vice Provost, or an administrative officer reporting directly to the Chancellor/President. Performs responsible and complex administrative support or technical program assistance work. Work is performed under general supervision from the administrator. Direct supervision of subordinate personnel may be included in the job responsibilities.
- Analyze incoming correspondence and advise the Director and/or independently initiate appropriate action when possible.
- Prepare documents for interdepartmental projects to be sent to appropriate individuals, ensure tracking and timely transactional processing of documents.
- Assist with tenure track documentation and evaluations for faculty, P.U.E.C. annual reports, midterm reviews, and processing.
- Establish and maintain e-filing and records management for the office and School of Music.
- Assists with a variety of data entry and records maintenance tasks in Director’s office, and ensures all documents for meetings are collated and made available in a timely manner.
- Receives, responds to or redirects correspondence (in person, phone, email) to relevant parties internal and external to the University in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner.
- Assists with administrative aspects of faculty searches such as the receipt and acknowledgement of all letters of application, cataloging and maintenance of individual application files and correspondences, consistent open communication with search committee members, the processing of startup packages and letters of offer, and onboarding of new faculty.
- Creates and assists with correspondence and communication for the Director’s office including the tracking and follow-up on pending matters.
- Coordinate communications and reports for the administrative team (Senior Associate Director, Associate Director for Teaching and Learning, and Associate Director of Academic Studies)
- Manage a complex calendar for the Director.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality.
Bachelor’s degree in clerical/administrative area. Two years progressively responsible administrative or related experience, including one-year supervisory experience. Additional job related experience may substitute for required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Attentive to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Office including expertise in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- 3-5 years Administrative Assistant experience.
- Experience in graphic software to support presentations of data for various reporting purposes.
- Service-oriented, respectful, and friendly attitude.
- Ability to anticipate administrative needs of the Director and the Unit.
- Pro-active problem-solving.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deal with difficult situations.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Completes tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
- Create agendas, take minutes at departmental meetings, and distributes reports on behalf of the Director.
- Assists with research, data collection, data entry, and document preparation for occasional departmental or college-wide reporting projects.
Month Long Event (december)