EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Part-Time Box Office Ticket
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Part-Time Box Office Ticket Seller #12952 – ASM Global
Buddy Holly Hall
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an opening for a Box Office Ticket Seller to join our team at the Buddy Holly Hall in Lubbock, Texas. The Ticket Seller will be under the direct supervision of the Box Office Manager.
Join the team at Lubbock’s brand new, state-of-the-art performance venue. The Buddy Holly Hall offers a wide variety of entertainment and events benefiting the city of Lubbock and surrounding communities.
The Ticket Seller is responsible for selling tickets to the public from the box office using the Etix ticketing system, while providing general information to guests. This position requires working events, which occur mostly in the evening, nights, and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
* Assist guests at the box office will call window and resolve all issues/problems
* Create an exceptional experience for all guests through a safe, clean, and friendly environment
* Familiarize self with the different venue layouts
* Answer questions regarding events, tickets, and schedules
* Balance monies at the end of shift with supervisor
* Assist with the restocking of box office supplies
* Follow all operational policies and procedures for the box office operations and the hall
* Other duties as deemed necessary or as directed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The employee should also have the following qualifications:
Experience / Education:
* High school diploma or a general education degree
* 2 years computerized box office experience is preferred
* Preferred experience working with Etix ticketing or other ticketing system; as well as office equipment such as copiers, computer/keyboard, telephone, fax, and ticket printers
Skills and Abilities:
* Cash handling experience
* Advanced knowledge of computerized ticket sales, preferably the Etix system but not required
* Candidates must be computer literate and able to maintain a guest friendly, quality service attitude at all
* Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
* Strong customer service skills and sense of public relations
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions
* Ability to meet high standard of cleanliness and appearance
* Ability to work independently or with a team
* Proven ability to attend to details
* Bilingual in Spanish is a plus but not required
* Proven job reliability, diligence, and dedication
* Employee must have reliable transportation to and from work
* Position requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear, use hands to reach and handle tickets, money, and receipts
* Position also requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, during events, the noise level may be loud
* Position is exposed to fumes or airborne particles
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Director or Facility Accounting and Human Resources Designee:
Deborah Sheehey, CPA
1300 Mac Davis Lane
Lubbock, TX 79401
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 806-451-1808.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Month Long Event (february)