EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Project Manager – Lead Manager for Marketing & Communication – 29215BR The J.T &
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Project Manager – Lead Manager for Marketing & Communication – 29215BR
The J.T & Margaret Talkington College of Visual & Performing Arts
Visual and Perform Arts
Provides project management including adherence to budget, schedule and scope. Plans, schedules or coordinates projects activities to meet deadlines. Monitors project compliance. Coordinates the overall integration of the project. Supervises and directs project personnel; assigns duties and responsibilities.
About the Department and/or College
J. T. & Margaret Talkington College of Visual & Performing Arts (TCVPA) at Texas Tech University is seeking a Project Manager – Lead Communications and Marketing Manager. We provide a supportive visual and performing arts education to a community of arts-obsessed undergraduate and graduate students—including DMA and PhD candidates who go on to become opera singers, gallery owners, independent filmmakers, arts educators, Broadway performers, and world-renowned designers. You can make a difference in the lives of tomorrow’s performers, artists, and educators, through this position.
- Oversees the public image of the TCVPA and Schools, maintaining and coordinating a cohesive branding system, updating it when necessary, and aligning it with university practices.
- Maintains coherent and focused messaging on behalf of the College, across all digital, print, and social media, to all audiences: general public, prospective students, current students, staff, faculty, administrators, alumni, and donors/supporters.
- Coordinates marketing and public relations efforts for the College and the Schools, including leadership of college-wide initiatives, supervision of School marketing and publicity personnel (including regular meetings), and project consultation and assistance.
- Manages planning, publicity, and delivery of College and School events for all audiences, including promotional, community-building, and fund-raising events.
- Coordinates with Development staff in producing print and digital communications with a focus on sponsorship materials.
- Gathers data and establishes and applies metrics for evaluating effectiveness of marketing and messaging to the varied constituencies of the TVCPA.
- Interfaces with local, regional and national media agencies in the marketing and public relations efforts of the College and Schools.
- Produces and serves as editor and contributing writer of TCVPA’s college office online and printed publications, and coordinates with the TCVPA schools for all major publications
- Manages promotional photography and video services and maintains current databases of images and videos for publicity purposes.
- Works directly with the Dean of the College on livestream, social media, and traditional media projects, public and internal college-wide communications, and other projects as needed.
- Manages and coordinates significant revision of TCVPA websites.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree plus three years related experience; OR a combination of education and/or related experience to equal seven years.
Preferred Qualifications: Marketing and Communications experience
Special Instructions to Applicants: Provide work sample with application
Required Attachments: Cover Letter, Professional/Personal References, Resume / CV
Job Type: Full Time
Pay Basis: Monthly
Minimum Hire Rate: 4,186
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Travel Required: Up to 50%
Schedule Details: M-F 8am to 5pm, and as needed in evening/weekend
Grant Funded: No
Job Group: Business Professionals
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Month Long Event (june)