EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Production Supervisor Lighting –
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Production Supervisor Lighting – ASM Global
Buddy Holly Hall
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set up, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot all stage equipment and systems at the Buddy Holly Hall — including but not limited to (2) performing arts halls and (2) multi-purpose event spaces
- Review operational stage equipment needs for shows/events and work closely with clients in a professional manner to achieve quality results for all events
- Supervise the strike of theatrical lighting and equipment and restore of House Hang
- Responsible for hanging and focusing the lighting plots
- Supervise the crew during the Lx hang, and focus
- Move, re-focus, re-patch and otherwise operate theatrical lighting instruments, practicals and electrical equipment on or about the Stage as required for production.
- Operate the House lights and lighting console(s) as required
- Ensure all lighting equipment is set up in a safe manner and adheres to professional standards
- Ensure all lighting equipment is set up according to the Lighting Designer’s vision and maintained throughout the run of a given production, presentation, event or rental
- Inspect, maintain and perform maintenance on all lighting and electrical equipment, systems and accessories throughout the season.
- Setup and dismantle lighting equipment for House hang and lighting designs
- Operate lighting systems and related equipment as directed
- Set up and run video projection equipment, as required.
- Assist other Departments with setup, strike and restore of all show equipment including set, props, rigging, projections, and audio when applicable
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, damage, loss of property and safety concerns promptly to supervisor.
- Maintain a safe working environment always
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Three (3) years’ experience working with theatrical lighting field.
- Or similar combination of education and experience required
Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of lighting control systems, lighting hardware, equipment and is familiar with lighting design techniques.
- Experience reading lighting plots and associated paperwork.
- A thorough understanding and working knowledge of DMX control and universes including but not limited to: scrollers, I-cue mirrors, gobo rotators and other electrical effects. LED and moving light experience an asset.
- Knowledge of chain motors and rigging techniques preferred
- Understanding of temporary electrical connections and balancing electrical loads
- Well organized, punctual with great attention to detail
- Exhibit a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative with minimal supervision
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results in a fast-paced setting
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form
- Maintain an effective and professional working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, tenants and others encountered in the course of employment
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur
- Work according to established standards and procedures set by ASM Global leaders
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer knowledge and the ability to use Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other standard office equipment. Advanced skills in LightWrite & AutoCad and/or VectorWorks a plus.
- Current driver’s license preferred
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Position requires walking and standing regularly
- Daily lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs or more up to 10 minutes at a time
- Constant reaching, standing, walking and stooping
- Performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- work inside and outside of the building
- Must be able to balance and have good manual dexterity
- Must be able to climb ladders up to 40 feet high and utilize high reach lifts
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ATTN: Linda Rodriguez
1300 Mac Davis Lane
Lubbock, TX 79401
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (806) 792-8339.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Month Long Event (august)