EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Production Supervisor, Stage Operations
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Production Supervisor, Stage Operations #13430 – ASM Global
Buddy Holly Hall
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Production Supervisor — Stage Operations for ASM Global at the Buddy Holly Hall located in Lubbock, TX. This individual will be responsible for backstage operations and supervises rigging and scenic installation, operation, and maintenance to assure that all production elements are safe and functioning for all events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set up, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot all stage equipment and systems at the Buddy Holly Hall — including but not limited to (2) performing arts halls and (2) multi-purpose event spaces
- Review operational stage equipment needs for shows/events and work closely with clients in a professional manner to achieve quality results for all events
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, damage, loss of property and safety concerns promptly to supervisor
- Maintain and repair stage related equipment, decking, rigging, fly rail systems, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Three (3) years’ experience in rigging, theatrical stage operations, theatrical fly systems, and/or Automation
- Or similar combination of education and experience required
Skills and Abilities
- Must have experience with Carpentry / deckhand skills as it relates to live theater production
- Must understand and have comprehensive knowledge and experience with a counterweight rigging / fly rail systems
- Must be able to multitask under high stress situations and maintain professionalism
- Must have experience in rigging live entertainment events
- Must have supervisory experience with crews of 10-30 crewmembers
- Theater lighting and live audio experience is preferred
- Maintain an effective and professional working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, tenants and others encountered in the course of employment
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility
- Work according to established standards and procedures set by ASM Global leaders
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer knowledge and the ability to use Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other standard office equipment.
- Current driver’s license preferred
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Position requires walking and standing regularly
- Daily lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs or more up to 10 minutes at a time
- Constant reaching, standing, walking and stooping
- Performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- work inside and outside of the building
- Must be able to balance and have good manual dexterity
- Must be able to climb ladders up to 40 feet high and utilize high reach lifts
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please apply online at https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite#/
1300 Mac Davis Lane
Lubbock, TX 79401
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (806) 451-1808.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Month Long Event (march)