sepEMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD | Production Manager @ Buddy Holly Hall
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Production Manager #11922 –
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Production Manager #11922 – ASM Global
Buddy Holly Hall
This position is responsible for establishing the technical requirements, equipment, and manpower requirements (client labor requirements) to service events at The Buddy Holly Hall of Performing Arts and Sciences. This is a working Production Manager position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works with the clients to determine the Stage Technician manpower required for production work.
- Maintain daily operation of lighting, electrical, sound, props, etc.
- Direct and supervise staff within parameters of company policies.
- Informs clients and sub-contractors on rigging points and methods for hanging sound, lighting, and audiovisual equipment in The Buddy Holly Hall of Performing Arts and Sciences.
- Study technical riders, light plots, electrical requirements, and hanging plots as to the complexity and feasibility of hanging a road show or local production in the facility. Also, provides solutions that work to the benefit of the facility and the client.
- In absence of comprehensive client information, develops light plots and sound system specification to fit needs of the event.
- Demonstrates an on-going awareness of safety issues. Develop and implement safety policy and procedures for Stage Technicians and production equipment.
- Provides a written estimate based on the technical rider or information supplied via the client and current contract rates.
This position is responsible for supervising the back of the house Stagehands and department heads. Carries out supervisory responsibilities for the accordance with ASM GLOBAL’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college coursework preferred.
Possess a strong working knowledge of facility and back-stage theatrical production.
Strong supervisory experience required.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to read and understand technical “riders” for stage presentations.
Ability to create lighting and sound specifications for stage presentations.
Ability to work long, often-irregular hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as required by the events.
Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills required.
Possess a strong attention to detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
No certifications are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires an individual to lift and move heavy objects of varying weight and sizes.
Position may be subject to noise and some atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odor, dust, etc. Subject to some other adverse conditions and irregular hours.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
To apply online through ASM Global, please click here:
Search “Lubbock” in the search terms to see all open positions at The Buddy Holly Hall.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration.
Recruiter Name: Charlton Northington
Address 1500 Broadway, Suite 902
Lubbock, Texas 79401
Email [email protected]
Applicants who need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact Charlton Northington at 806-792-8339.
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Month Long Event (september)