EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Production Intern
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Lubbock Community Theatre
3101 35th Street
Deadline: September 30th (Internship will run from Oct-March)
Type: Part-Time (2 Positions Available 15/20 hours a week depending on the need) Starting at 10 an hour, pay based on experience.
Duration: 6 Months
Application Deadline: Sept 30th (Internship will run from Oct-March)
About Lubbock Community Theatre: Lubbock Community Theatre (LCT) is a vibrant community-based theater dedicated to providing quality theatrical experiences to the Lubbock community. LCT presents a diverse range of productions, including plays, musicals, and special events, fostering a dynamic and creative environment for both artists and audiences alike. As a Theatre Production Intern, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the world of theater, gain hands-on experience, and contribute to the success of our productions.
Position Overview: Lubbock Community Theatre is seeking dedicated and passionate individuals to join our team as Theatre Production Interns. This internship provides an excellent opportunity to gain practical experience in various aspects of theater production, including backstage support, event setup, and basic facility maintenance and cleaning. Interns will work closely with our production team and contribute to the success of our theatrical productions and events.
- Backstage and Production Support:
- Assist with set construction, painting, and assembly.
- Help with costume and prop management.
- Assist in technical rehearsals, including lighting and sound setup.
- Assist in marketing and content creation, delivery of materials, and outreach events.
- Event Setup:
- Assist in setting up and striking sets, props, and equipment for special events.
- Prepare the facility for performances, rehearsals, classes and special events.
- Facility Maintenance and Cleaning:
- Perform basic facility maintenance tasks as needed.
- Maintain a clean and organized backstage area and dressing rooms.
- Assist in post-event cleanup and reset of the theater space and facility.
- Work closely with production staff, directors, and fellow interns.
- Participate in staff meetings and contribute ideas to enhance the overall production experience.
- Enthusiasm for theater and a strong desire to learn about various aspects of production.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Willingness to take on physically demanding tasks related to set construction and event setup.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Reliable and punctual, with the ability to commit to the internship duration and a flexible schedule as needed.
- Prior theater experience is a plus but not required.
- Hands-on experience in theater production.
- Opportunity to network with theater professionals.
- Exposure to various aspects of backstage and technical theater.
- Potential for future reference and recommendation letters.
Lubbock Community Theatre is committed to diversity and encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences. We welcome candidates who are passionate about theater and eager to contribute to our community’s cultural enrichment.
september 1 (Friday) - 30 (Saturday)