01mayAll Day27EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD | Part-Time Education Assistant @ Buddy Holly Center
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Closing May 20th ***EXTENDED*** to May 27th Part-Time Education Assistant – Buddy Holly Center | Job Number: PT943-5219 Community Services | City of
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Closing May 20th ***EXTENDED*** to May 27th
Part-Time Education Assistant – Buddy Holly Center | Job Number: PT943-5219
Community Services | City of Lubbock
Assist in preparing and delivering education activities and programs related to history and the cultural arts.
- Assist with organization of educational programs which includes creating class schedules and instructor handbooks;
- Inventory and maintain records of educational supplies;
- Create and maintain mailing lists of program participants;
- Monitor the needs of instructors through weekly visits to their classes;
- Assist instructors with special projects when needed;
- Organize and create interactive activities, under the direction of the Education Coordinator;
- Perform related duties as required.
Completion of a high school diploma or the equivalent, with completion of an additional one to two years of college coursework in art or history, education, or a related field with an additional six months to one year working in an office, including experience in use of business computers or any combination of education and experience that provides the following:
Prefer experience in Microsoft Office Word.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of a variety of education methods.
- Perform computer/word processing functions;
- Spell and use correct grammar;
- Communicate effectively with others;
- Work cooperatively with staff, instructors, and children;
- Manage time and prioritize tasks.
- Frequently lift and carry up to 25 pounds;
- Frequently walk, sit and stand during a shift;
- Occasionally flex upper trunk forward at the waist and partially flex at the knees;
- Occasionally rotate upper trunk to the right or left or forward while sitting or standing;
- Frequently reach above, at or below shoulder height.
may 1 (Sunday) - 27 (Friday)