26febAll DayEMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD | Outreach Coordinator @ National Ranching Heritage Center
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Outreach Coordinator – 20374BR
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Outreach Coordinator – 20374BR
National Ranching Heritage Center
Performs supervisory and coordinative work in the operation of a specific program or departmental project. Responsibilities involve the coordination and supervision of the various functions and aspects of a specific program as well as the monitoring of program staff and operational procedures. Work is performed under general supervision with evaluation based on results obtained. May supervise program staff, volunteers and student assistants.
The National Ranching Heritage Center is an outdoor museum dedicated to preserving and interpreting the history of ranching in North America.
- Manage the Ranching Heritage Association membership system, including strategies to retain and gain members, renewal notifications, receipt letters. Effective communications (mail, email and social media with members and potential members). Aggressively seek new ways to retain email and mailing addresses of potential members.
- Maintain RHA database of directors, committee members, volunteers, museum members, and other designations as needed
- Manage NRHC Web sites to effectively communicate to RHA members, attract future members and promote the NRHC
- Maintain accurate visitor counts of guests, visitors, event attendees
- Social Media: Look into “Buffer” – you have to pay for it but will make all social media platforms easier since you can schedule everything
- Schedule posts when you can to make things easier
- Promote events
- Create event pages
- Throwback Thursday – Robert Tidwell will do these but you have to remind him
- Use Canva to create cover photos and posts
- In the Summer post about Trolley Tours and Ranch Host Saturdays weekly
- Trivia Tuesday on Instagram stories
- Post same type of stuff as Facebook
- Repost stories we are mentioned in
- Try to retweet and like anything we are mentioned in
- We don’t use snapchat much but try during events
- Create filters for events (Ranch Day and Candlelight)
- Change “hero content” on the homepage for events and when we close. Alternate web text is in Lassos under “website” folder
- Featured exhibits and new exhibit information – Robert Tidwell will update this if you remind him
- Calendar Dates – Sue Jones updates this with the university
- Staff page will need to be updated with new staff members when added. Staff positions text is in website folder in Lassos
- Board of Directors – Vicki will give you the info to update on both sites when the time comes
- Event pages – update as needed for events. Main focus on Ranch Day and Candlelight
- Volunteer page – update as needed with resources, calendars, etc.
- Change homepage button and update forms as needed
- When updating a form – make Shelby’s name/email off any forms as well as contact phone number. I normally used my office number, change it to NRHC number
- Might need to check in with app developers, it has been a while
- Add events
- Update scavenger hunt as needed
- Update and add to historical structures as needed
Adobe – Creates promotional materials and videos as needed
- Premiere Videos
Train in all TTU processes
High school graduation plus five (5) years progressively responsible related experience; additional related education may exchange for the required experience on a year for year basis.
Preferred Qualifications: College Degree preferred.
Required Attachments: Cover Letter, Professional/Personal References, Recommendation/Referral, Resume / CV
Job Type: Full Time
Pay Basis: Hourly
Minimum Hire Rate: 12.42
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Schedule Details: Normal Business hours except during events.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
20374BR – Outrech Coordinator
February 26 (Wednesday)