EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Operations Assistant Volunteer Center
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Volunteer Center of Lubbock
The Volunteer Center of Lubbock inspires a more engaged community by helping people find their purpose and act on it.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for service and people – someone who has excelled at customer service, gets excited about talking to people ranging from one-on-one to large groups, and is jazzed about multi-tasking.
The perfect candidate:
1. Already knows – and loves – the Volunteer Center. Or, they might have a lifelong passion for helping people act on their purpose whether shown in work, volunteer, or personal experience.
2. Is fantastic at managing details, enabling strong organizational impact.
3. Has a Bachelor’s degree and is excited about learning in a fast-paced environment.
A few other qualities we’re looking for include:
• Stickler for correct spelling, grammar, and data-entry.
• A great organizer – creates simple systems to facilitate excellent follow-through.
• Collaborative and skilled at working with people from different departments, and different backgrounds. Gets the power of what can be done with a unified team.
• A strong influencer who is not afraid to speak up.
• Entrepreneurial, bringing new and different ideas to the table, and then taking initiative to make them happen.
• A great communicator – both in writing and in person in a variety of settings. Asks great questions. Has a way of driving people to action that doesn’t feel at all like nagging.
• Sees doing a variety of jobs as an opportunity, not a burden.
• Experience with special events, customer service, financial support, answering the phone are all helpful skills, but not required.
If you are someone who has these qualities, we can train you to do everything else.
This role is a great opportunity to learn about what it takes to run a business/nonprofit. You will be responsible for scheduling and preparing for meetings and events, helping with board engagement, taking diligent notes, managing registration for all events, data entry/management, technology support, sharing information about the Volunteer Center through conversations, performing general office duties, such as answering phones, making copies, creating/maintaining spreadsheets, helping with financial and operations tasks, etc.
The hours for this position will be Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with 30-minute lunches.
If this description calls out to you, send a cover letter that explains why, along with a resume and salary expectations, to [email protected]. No phone calls please.
All Day (Sunday)