EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Marketing & Events Supervisor
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Marketing & Events Supervisor – ASM Global
Buddy Holly Hall
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Marketing Supervisor person to join our marketing team at the Buddy Holly Hall in Lubbock, Texas. The Marketing Supervisor, under the direct supervision of the Marketing Director, is responsible for professional client services support in the planning, organization and management of events within the facility, and monitoring the logistics of these events, and all event coordination tasks after events are booked and through the conclusion of those events. In addition, the Marketing Supervisor will support the Buddy Holly Hall marketing team in promoting events and developing various marketing communications, while independently executing promotions and performing marketing analysis in order to drive brand profitability. The Marketing Supervisor supports the marketing team in the areas of graphic design, brand management, advertising, email marketing, communications, and community relations as well as digital and social media marketing operations as well as event planning and execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Build digital marketing plans, including creation of advertising materials, media buying, promotions, grassroots, accounting, and public relations for events.
- Manage and track CRM, programmatic, and email marketing campaigns and analytics.
- Develop social and digital media strategies and tactics and bring to life all social media.
- Establish omni-channel marketing best practices and procedures, including content marketing, SEO, SEM, display, PR, email, OOH, internal assets, and social media.
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, and provide performance evaluations for direct reports and interns.
- Adhere to and own the campaign deployment calendar, including multi-channel digital and OOH initiatives.
- Help build, manage, and update venue social media strategy including paid, non-paid, and influencers for day-of-show, upcoming events, and special campaigns.
- Update and continually improve venue website and building electronic signage with upcoming events and promotional information.
- Create and execute all organizational publishing, internet, digital and graphic design needs.
- Analyze incoming data from various online marketing platforms such as email, social media, and online advertising.
- Attend community and promotional events as a representative of Buddy Holly Hall.
- Research, analyze and monitor financial, technological, and demographic factors so that market opportunities may be capitalized on and effects of competitive activity can be minimized.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to assist with promotional and marketing needs.
- Database development and maintenance.
- Assist with promotion of upcoming group, suite and VIP Club sales initiatives and sales of PSL’s.
- Supervises staff and oversees all aspects of facility operations related to events.
- Meets with client groups to plan and organize assigned meetings and/or events and explain contracts, policies and procedures, schedules, floor plan submissions, meeting room set-up specifications, insurance, and other related items.
- Coordinates activities with the various service contractors for assigned meetings and/or events.
- Monitors and supervises equipment needs, event set up and successful completion of events.
- Serves as manager on duty, as required.
- Prepares cost estimates and monitors final billing.
Indirectly supervises the event services staff and coordinates with the food and beverage subcontractor. Responsibilities include training staff, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees in conjunction with human resources.
- Minimum education level of BA/BS Degree (4 Year) in Marketing, Economics, Public Relations, Mass Communications, Business, Sports Management, or relevant field.
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills.
- Strong management skills.
- 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of event planning and digital and social media.
- Demonstrated passion for marketing and event planning in the entertainment industry.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to make quick, complex, proactive decisions under pressure with little or no supervision and to demonstrate professionalism and diplomacy when dealing with the public.
- Professional presentation, appearance, and work ethic.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and some holidays, when required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Supervisory skills preferred.
- Must be able to traverse a variety of terrain and floor surfaces including stairs and concrete.
- Must be able to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Other duties, functions, special projects, and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Marketing.
- Must be experienced in Microsoft Office and other computer programs.
- Graphic design experience, marketing experience, project management skills.
- To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility to stand for long hours during events, lift 25 pounds, talk, and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building as needed by events.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Director or Facility Accounting and Human Resources Designee:
Deborah Sheehey, CPA
1300 Mac Davis Lane
Lubbock, TX 79401
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 806-570-9404.
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
July 28 (Wednesday)