EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Maintenance Technician I Facilities Maintenance Department | City of Lubbock Summary Responsible for operation, maintenance and renovation of all Lubbock County’s
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Maintenance Technician I
Facilities Maintenance Department | City of Lubbock
Responsible for operation, maintenance and renovation of all Lubbock County’s facility infrastructure and grounds. Required to practice tool and equipment control; procure and maintain adequate stocks of equipment and supplies; use and report serviceability problems with department equipment; and support the department’s electrical, mechanical, and life safety technicians when needed. Performs other duties as required.
- Perform work with hand tools, including digging trenches, filling excavations, mixing concrete, cutting down trees and brush, and removing debris from curbs and landscapes.
- Willing to learn to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and operational manuals.
- Train to operate motorized vehicles and equipment, including pickups, forklifts, scissor lifts, single-man lifts, bucket truck, tractors, etc.
- Train in the proper use of various construction and maintenance equipment.
- Under supervision, execute preventative maintenance inspections on county equipment regularly; document and report findings or concerns into Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Inventory warehouse and storage areas to determine availability of supplies; order and pick up supplies needed to properly complete jobs.
- Assist in the installation and/or moving of furniture, filing cabinets, and other equipment as needed.
- Assess maintenance department needs and retrieve materials for installation and repairs, as well as tools in need of replacement.
- Support and comply with the Departmental safety program to include all safety and health rules, regulations, operating policies, and procedures.
- Follow all applicable county policies concerning attendance; documentation of work; dress and personal appearance; hazard and alarms; confidentiality; licensing and regulation.
- Demonstrate high-quality customer service skills to resolve customer problems in a courteous, timely, and accurate manner.
- Respond to 24hr. emergency maintenance callbacks and provide after-hours overtime work as needed.
- Respond to emergencies as required; i.e., fire, medical, terrorist, injuries, bomb threats, breaches of security, and notifying security officers.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Assists Senior Maintenance Technicians with the following:
- Repair or replacement of doors, locks, floor tile, ceiling tile and grid, chair rails, cabinets, chairs, bookcases, broken windows, and flooring.
- Building new walls. Install, float, tape, sand, and finish new sheetrock installations.
- Stain, varnish, texture, and paint repairs and new installations.
- Repair or replace light fixtures, lenses, bulbs, ballasts, duplex outlets, light switches, and cover plates.
- Install and maintain door hardware.
- Repair and replace toilets, urinals, flush valves, sinks and faucets, toilet paper and paper towel dispensers, soap dispensers, plumbing piping and valves.
- Unstops clogged plumbing fixtures, drains, sewer lines, and grease traps.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: High school graduation or its equivalent plus at least 1 year of experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Texas Driver’s License. Vocational or trade school courses are a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Working knowledge in the operation and repair or replacement of plumbing equipment and fixtures, appliances, basic electrical, construction of stud and sheetrock walls, patching sheetrock walls, texturing, and painting, door operation and hardware, floor, and ceiling finishes. Basic plumbing and irrigation knowledge. General building construction, maintenance, and landscaping practices and procedures. Basic computer usage. Experience and understanding in the safe operation of equipment and tools. Troubleshoot building or equipment breakdowns with available resources with little, to no supervision. Apply safety standards to prevent hazards. Organize and prioritize tasks to be assigned and completed. Understand and follow instructions. Identify numbers, order parts, and perform mathematical calculations. Communicate effectively and work well in a team environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand for extended periods; use hands to finger motion, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee must frequently bend, stoop, lie down, and walk. The employee may be required to work in some extremely small chases and attic crawl spaces. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects weighing up to 40 pounds, such as tools and equipment, and must occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, peripheral vision, ability to focus, and perceive color. Vision may be corrected with glasses or contact lenses. Employee will be required to work in confinement areas, office buildings, and warehouses with standard incandescent and fluorescent lighting, to handle and properly dispose of hazardous chemicals, and work in areas of loud noise. Tolerate outside conditions, including exposure to adverse weather conditions.
DISCLAIMER: The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the standard functions of this position and should not be constructed as a thorough description of all work requirements. The characteristics of the work environment described are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Employer: Lubbock County will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
All Day (Thursday)