EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Leadership Development Coordinator Volunteer
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Leadership Development Coordinator
Volunteer Center of Lubbock
The Volunteer Center of Lubbock inspires a more engaged community by helping people find their purpose and act on it.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for service and people – someone who has excelled at customer service, gets excited about talking to and connecting people of all ages ranging from one-on-one to large groups, loves creating engaging gathering opportunities, and is jazzed about multi-tasking.
In essence, the perfect candidate:
1. Already knows – and loves – the Volunteer Center. Or, they might have a lifelong passion for helping people act on their purpose whether shown in work, volunteer, or personal experience.
2. Is absolutely excellent with relationships – passionate about listening to people, understanding their needs, and guiding them to the right fit in the context of our mission. Loves sharing stories. Values receiving feedback.
3. Is fantastic at managing details enabling strong organizational impact.
4. Provides excellent customer care.
5. Shares information that equips leaders of all ages to purposefully serve
6. Loves sales and promoting events – can listen and create value with partners. Connect dots on how our programming can impact their mission. Able to tailor our services to their needs for maximum benefit. Source of inspiration, motivation and encouragement. Able to make connections and use resources to engage people for a variety of opportunities.
7. Has a degree – Bachelor’s or graduate.
A few other qualities we’re looking for include:
• A great organizer – creates simple systems to facilitate excellent follow-through.
• Collaborative, and skilled at working with people from different departments, and different backgrounds. Gets the power of what can be done by a unified team.
• A strong influencer who is not afraid to speak up.
• Entrepreneurial, bringing new and different ideas to the table, and then taking initiative to make them happen.
• A great communicator – both in writing and in person in a variety of settings. Asks great questions. Has a way of driving people to action that doesn’t feel at all like nagging.
• Sees doing a variety of jobs as an opportunity, not a burden.
If you are someone who has these qualities, we can train you to do everything else.
This role is primarily focused on leadership development, including providing training to youth and adults, program coordination, building the capacity of both nonprofit and corporate partners to engage/collaborate, and being a part of a strong collaborative team. Experience in making presentations and conducting training is a must.
If this description calls out to you, send a cover letter that explains why and includes examples, along with a resume and salary expectations, to [email protected]. No phone calls please.
Month Long Event (august)