febEMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD | Lead Custodian #12716 @ Buddy Holly Hall
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Lead Custodian
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Lead Custodian #12716 – ASM Global
Buddy Holly Hall
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Operations Supervisor, the Lead Custodian
is responsible for participating in and supervising routine cleaning of all areas of the building and policing of grounds. They will also assist with the set up and tear down of multi-purpose space, back-of-house, lobbies, and other spaces in and surrounding Buddy Holly Hall.
- Instructs, advises, and demonstrates work methods, practices, and procedures for completing job assignments and to assist in the training of site custodians.
- Trains custodial staff in all manners of cleaning, safety, and custodial equipment use at the site.
- Conducts spot inspections to ensure site is with standards.
- Performs minor or routine maintenance on custodial equipment.
- Oversees custodial work, maintaining a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency
- Clean and sanitize all venue space including restrooms/bathrooms using established practices and procedure.
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; empty and clean ash trays and cigarette urns; replace light bulbs; refill restroom dispensers.
- Assist with the setup/teardown of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors, vacuum, and shampoo carpets.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools, buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, high pressure washers, high speed buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
- Use ladders when required in work assignments.
- Lock and unlock assigned spaces: secure building when facilities are not in use checking for unlocked doors and windows, report any unauthorized occupants, turn off lights.
- Perform cleaning and related activities.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Use as directed
- Assist with inventory control and security
- Upholds department and Buddy Holly Hall standards, procedures, and policies.
Education — high school diploma or equivalent.
Experience — one (1) + year janitorial experience or the equivalent as approved by management. Experience in the hospitality industry is a plus. Experience in leading a crew is a plus.
Skills — Have essential capabilities in the following: Interpersonal skills, memory, attention to detail, follow directions, comprehension, calculating, reading, writing, speaking, evaluating, mathematics, organizing and innovation.
- Knowledge — of the methods, tools, materials, and equipment; applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Communication Skills — good oral, written and listening skills; pays close attention to details.
- Customer Focus — dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; establishes and maintains effective relationships while gaining their trust and respect.
- Organizational Skills — uses resources and time effectively and efficiently.
- Problem Solving — solves problems with effective solutions.
Teamwork — creates strong morale and spirit within the team; deals effectively and tactfully with departmental personnel and the public.
Special Requirements, Licenses or Certifications — valid Driver’s License, customer service training a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ALL APPLICANTS SHOULD APPLY WITH A RESUME AT:
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact [email protected] opens an email client application.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Month Long Event (february)