EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Historical Preservation Technician
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Historical Preservation Technician III – 28057BR
National Ranching Heritage Center
Performs skilled mechanical and/or analytical duties in the coordination and completion of projects. Work is performed under general guidelines using established procedures and evaluated on results obtained. May supervise subordinate employees.
About the Department and/or College
A Technician III at the National Ranching Heritage Center works as a member of the team of historical preservation technicians to maintain and renovate historic structures at the center. In addition, team members assist in installing monuments and works of art, fabricating and installing exhibit components and exhibits, maintaining the grounds, and preparing for and assisting with the NRHC’s community events.
- Renovate and maintain historic structures to include construction, painting, roofing, drywall, etc.
- Dismantle structures, equipment and other artifacts, relocate and restore at the NRHC.
- Install monuments, art and other structures.
- Fabricate cases and other items for exhibits.
- Install and breakdown exhibits.
- Perform necessary repairs and maintenance on the Mallet Ranch Museum Building, as needed.
- Assist in moving and caring for collections, artifacts and exhibits.
- Assist with setting up and tearing down for major events.
- Maintain equipment, including vehicles, golf-carts, utility vehicles, mowers, etc.
- Historical Park Grounds maintenance and upkeep.
High school or equivalent and four years experience. Additional job related education may substitute for required experience on a year for year basis.
- Working knowledge and experience with one or more of the following:
- Construction techniques
- Roofing (especially wood roofs)
- Power equipment/vehicle maintenance
- Metalwork and welding
- Minimum of three years experience working in a skilled trade, construction or maintenance
- Ability to learn new skills and work as a member of a team
- Ability to learn and take instruction on proper handling and maintenance of historic structures and artifacts
- Knowledge of historical preservation of buildings and artifacts
- Knowledge of ranching history and culture
Month Long Event (april)