mayEMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD | Events and Marketing Coordinator @ LHUCA
Open Position at LHUCA: Full-Time Events and Marketing Coordinator LHUCA is seeking a creative individual with great people skills to schedule and oversee rental events and manage marketing. This position is
Open Position at LHUCA: Full-Time Events and Marketing Coordinator
LHUCA is seeking a creative individual with great people skills to schedule and oversee rental events and manage marketing. This position is full-time with benefits. Full job description linked to button below. Review of applicants to begin immediately. To apply, qualified applicants should send a cover letter that details experience and interest in the position, resume or CV, and list of three references to [email protected]
Position Title: LHUCA Events and Marketing Coordinator
Supervisor: Executive Director
Employment Type: Full-time. Schedule varies.
Location: Lubbock, TX
Salary Range: $32,000
LHUCA is a non-profit center for the visual, performing and literary arts located in the heart of the
Lubbock Cultural District. This year, we will celebrate our 25nd anniversary as an arts organization. Our
mission is to cultivate and celebrate all the arts by inspiring creativity and engaging with the community.
LHUCA’s main building houses four fine art gallery spaces that are free and open to the public. Concert,
dance, theatrical and film programs are held in our 159-seat Firehouse Theatre. In addition, our campus
includes an education building, plaza, multipurpose building, and clay studio. Each year, over 55,000
people benefit from LHUCA’s programs and services.
Events and Marketing Coordinator position coordinates and oversees all marketing activities and rental
events at LHUCA.
• Schedule, book, and oversee rental events at LHUCA.
• Manage part-time event staff including hiring, training, and scheduling.
• Manage LHUCA social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Create and send mass emails via MailChimp.
• Update content on the LHUCA website.
• Design basic promotional materials using Canva (or other preferred software).
• Write press releases and schedule interviews with local media outlets.
• Implement marketing plans that include print, broadcast, and online content.
• Maintain and strengthen LHUCA’s overall brand.
• Manage annual marketing budget and track expenses for grant reporting.
• Work with the Executive Director, Programs Coordinator, Curator and other staff to implement
• Attend monthly board meetings and report on event activities when needed
Our ideal candidate is a motivated, creative individual with great people skills. S/he/they should be
community-minded and enjoy the arts. This person should thrive in a fast paced, collaborative work
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, public relations, graphic design, or related field.
• Experience managing social media accounts, marketing campaigns, and/or events.
• Ability to manage scheduling and work within budgets.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Supportive of the mission of LHUCA.
Starting salary: $32,000. Benefits package includes vacation and sick pay, health insurance, and
employer match retirement plan.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter that details experience and interest in the position,
resume or CV, and list of three references to [email protected]
Job description from: lhuca.org/about
Month Long Event (may)