junEMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD | Director of Communications and Public Relations @ Lubbock Chamber Of Commerce
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Director of Communications and
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Director of Communications and Public Relations
Lubbock Chamber Of Commerce
Summary of position:
Create meaningful communications, marketing, and public relations programs to ensure we reach Lubbock Chamber of Commerce members with valuable information while recruiting prospective members by communicating the value of the Chamber as a valuable choice for their business.
– Monitor, evaluate, and enhance the content and format of membership communication channels including e-blasts, websites, social media, print and electronic publications and all collateral.
– Design/produce, gather information, photographs, and compose articles, for all social media platforms, Monday Memo, and website on a recurring basis.
– Coordinate photography for use in newsletters, website, and other platforms/channels.
– Operate or coordinate audio and camera equipment use.
– Production workflow on all video projects, including video/audio editing, color correction, etc.
– Design publications/ads/billboards and other materials for the Chamber.
– Create/design all marketing collateral for Chamber event/program promotions.
– Maintain constant and open communication relationship with media; maintain/update media contact lists.
– Coordinate news conferences as required; prepare and distribute media advisories and press releases. Follow up to ensure coverage.
– Coordinate media coverage and publicity for Chamber events.
– Acts as spokesperson/writer for certain events and volunteer member remarks as requested by the President/CEO.
– Develop/oversee Chamber external documents/forms “family resemblance” and internal style rules for all Chamber products including design and layout.
– Organize, plan, coordinate, and conduct community image promotions.
– Maintain affiliations with Texas Association of Business (TAB), Texas Chamber of Commerce Executives (TCCE), American Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE), Western Association of Chamber Executives (WACE), U.S. Chamber of Commerce, etc.
– Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
– Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications/journalism or related field.
– A minimum of five years’ experience in related fields.
– Working knowledge of computer programs, including graphics/typing skills.
– Proficiency with Adobe In Design, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere Pro, MS Publisher, MS Office Products suite, and basic HTML.
– Excellent written/analytical communications skills to include ability to write/interpret articles, news releases, proofreading and business correspondence.
– Excellent verbal communications.
– Understanding of media and public relations with ability to build/maintain relationships with outside PR sources as needed. Existing Lubbock media relationships desired.
– Organizational abilities.
– Photography and videography skills.
Month Long Event (june)