EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Box Office Manager –
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Box Office Manager – ASM Global
Buddy Holly Hall
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Box Office Manager for ASM Global Buddy Holly Hall. This position oversees ticket sales and all aspects of box office operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs and oversees the internal control of daily operations as outlined in the ASM Global Box Office Manual
- Coordinates all event information between the promoter, facility personnel and the ticket company in a timely manner
- Works with event promoter and appropriate personnel to establish ticket pricing and seating configuration
- Builds and modifies all computer ticket events and issues computer access codes to facility management
- Coordinates with event promoters to establish the house scale for all ticket events
- Maintains communication with ticket company representatives for updates and/or revisions in computer operations
- Monitors daily ticket sales for all upcoming events and communicates information to the Director and promoter representative
- Prepares cash bank and daily accurate inventory of all tickets distributed and available for sale
- Prepares and presents the final box office statement for settlement of each event
- Responds to customer complaints and service requests to maintain a positive rapport with the ticket buying public
- Establishes files for each event that consist of seats on-hold for the building and promoter, complimentary ticket vouchers, event audits and ticket inventory schedules
- Assists or sells tickets as needed
- Opens and/or closes ticket window as required
- Accurately dispenses tickets as requested by patrons; accepts payment and makes change accurately
- Maintains accurate count when selling hard tickets or accesses computer for count of computer printed tickets
- Maintains accurate record of daily balance of cash received, tickets sold and change bank/vault
- Fills reservations for seats by telephone or mail, handles Will-Call window according to procedures or other related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills, responds promptly to customer needs, responds to requests for service and assistance, able to work independently and handle most box office questions without assistance
- Maintains accurate count of tickets sold, money received from ticket sellers and change banks
- Prepares and submits a daily report of business transactions
- Makes bank deposits
Supervises, schedules, instructs, and trains ticket sellers as to the proper selling procedures. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM Global’s policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of (3) three years directly related experience or equivalent education and experience
Skills and Abilities
- Superior customer service and problem-solving skills required
- Knowledge and experience with financial procedures and managing statistics electronically
- Pervious supervisor and leadership experience
- Advance computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Experience with electronic ticketing systems preferred
- Must be able to work independently
Ability to work irregular hours in addition to normal business hours as needed
- Excellent written and verbal skills, organizational ability, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively supervise box office staff
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong computer skills with ability to learn and master new applications.
May be required to work long or irregular hours as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific physical demands of this job include, occasional sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer several times a day, the ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor, communicating by telephone for up to 30 minutes at a time on a daily basis, stand several times a day for up to five minutes to operate photocopier, FAX machine, hearing sufficient to clearly hear voices, alarms, bells and horns, daily standing and walking for up to 15 minutes at a time to move throughout the facility and service events and write using pen/pencil or personal computer keyboard for up to 30 minutes at a time on a daily basis.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resume must include salary requirements for consideration.
Recruiter: Deborah Sheehey
Email Address: [email protected]opens an email client application
Facility Name: Buddy Holly Hall of Performing Arts & Sciences
1300 Mac Davis Lane
City, State, Zip: Lubbock, TX 79401
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact: 806-570-9404.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
July 28 (Wednesday)