EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Assistant Director of Development
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Assistant Director of Development
Texas Tech Office of AdvancementNational Ranching Heritage Center
Performs the administrative duties of planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating special development efforts. Responsibilities may include: cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual, foundation, and corporate support for the TTU/System; adherence to the prospect management system; and plans, coordinates and evaluates development goals. Work is performed under general supervision with broad latitude for initiative.
About the Department and/or College
The Texas Tech University Office of Advancement works with a broad array of university supporters to identify and match interests between the university and the donor, secure an investment, and continually engage the supporter in all of their related interests. Our professional fundraising team members are responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding university supporters by having meaningful visits that move them through the donor cultivation cycle.
The Office of Advancement is searching to fill a position within the National Ranching Heritage Center.
- Raise major gifts ($25,000+) to further the mission of the TTU Office of Advancement and the National Ranching Heritage Center (NRHC) to support and enhance Texas Tech University as a Tier1 Research Institution.
- Meet goals for key metrics including substantial contacts, visits, asks and gifts secured as established each fiscal year, that are reflective of the development professional matrix.
- Travel in support of NRHC’s priorities to advance fundraising efforts, including strengthening relationships to move prospective and current donors from discovery, qualification, and cultivation to solicitation.
- Collaborate with colleagues within the NRHC to advance fundraising efforts that align with university priorities.
- In partnership with NRHC’s Executive Director and senior leadership at TTU Advancement, develop and oversee an annual and long-term plan to meet NRHC’s primary funding needs by setting fundraising goals annually.
- Represent the university and NRHC at business and community meetings and events in a professional manner while adhering to TTU policies.
- Adhere to and instill best practices to make effective use of the prospect management database, including entering contact reports after each visit to ensure donor records are kept up to date.
- Work collaboratively with the TTU Office of Advancement, TTUS Institutional Advancement, and colleagues to focus on shared strategic goals.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Excellent interpersonal, verbal, writing and presentation skills. Exceptional initiative and the ability to work with limited direct supervision. Ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a team. Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills. Ability and willingness to travel frequently and participate in occasional evening and weekend activities. Basic knowledge of fundraising and strategic planning.
Bachelor’s degree plus one (1) year development or sales experience; OR a combination of education and/or related experience equal to five (5) years.
Experience in higher education and/or non-profit fundraising.
Cover Letter, Professional/Personal References, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan by visiting www.depts.ttu.edu/hr/payplan.
Up to 75%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Month Long Event (june)