EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Academic Advisor – 32257BR The J.T & Margaret Talkington College of Visual & Performing
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Academic Advisor – 32257BR
The J.T & Margaret Talkington College of Visual & Performing Arts
Visual and Perform Arts
Performs academic advising, educational, professional, or other basic academic advising or training at the individual or group level as appropriate. Work is performed under supervision with performance based on individual advising effectiveness and overall program results obtained.
About the Department and/or College
The J. T. & Margaret Talkington College of Visual & Performing Arts is looking for an academic advisor. Do you have an interest in the arts? Do you want to help our students achieve academic success in a field they are wildly passionate about? How about working in the heart of the action in the new Maedgen Theatre Complex? This just might be the job for you.
- Communicate with students about registration systems
- Assist students with registration process and program requirements
- Assist students with changing classes, adding and dropping
- Meet with students to plan schedules
- Assist students with major changes
- Assist with the completion of form for graduation, etc.
- Communicates with students and faculty about academic issues
- Provide quality student-centered assistance to prospective, new, and continuing undergraduate students
- Collaborates with students in developing educational plans that are compatible with their goals, interests, and abilities
- Provides accurate information on University, College, and major requirements, policies, and procedures
- Increases student awareness of resources and support services within the university system and serves as a referral agent
- Maintains detailed student files and documentation
- Adhere to university policies and federal and state regulations, to include FERPA
- Responsible for providing educational guidance, assistance, and academic advising for students through goal setting, writing degree plans, and determining appropriate education solutions for a diverse population of students
- Develops items related to the day at the college
- Cross-train to augment and support general advising across the three schools in the college
Bachelor’s degree required; one year related experience.
Previous experience working with students or young people. Experience with Microsoft Office Products.
Adherence to robust safety practices and compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations are responsibilities of all TTU employees.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Cover Letter, Professional/Personal References, Resume / CV
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan by visiting www.depts.ttu.edu/hr/payplan.
Up to 25%
Monday – Friday 8-5pm
Academic Support Professionals
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Air Force Specialty Code
8R000, 83R0, 8A100
Army Military Occupational Specialty Code
79R, 79T, 79S, 79V
Marine Military Occupational Specialty Code
8411, 4801, 4821, 8412
Navy Enlisted Classification Code
3766, 9587, 2199
Month Long Event (february)