EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD Academic Admin Coordinator for Student Success – 25761BR Visual and Perform Arts Position Description
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN THE LCD
Academic Admin Coordinator for Student Success – 25761BR
Visual and Perform Arts
Provide office services by implementing administrative systems, and procedures. Monitors administrative projects for faculty and staff in the assigned academic area.
About the Department and/or College
The J.T. and Margaret Talkington College of Visual & Performing Arts are made of the School of Art, School of Music, and the School of Theatre and Dance. J. T. & Margaret Talkington College of Visual & Performing Arts (TCVPA) at Texas Tech University is seeking an Academic Administrative Coordinator for Student Success. We provide a supportive visual and performing arts education to a community of arts-obsessed undergraduate and graduate students—including DMA and PhD candidates who go on to become opera singers, gallery owners, independent filmmakers, arts educators, Broadway performers, world-renowned designers, and more. You can make a difference in the lives of tomorrow’s performers, artists, and educators, through this position.
Coordinate and/or assist with processes specific to prospective and current graduate students in the College and Schools.
Coordinate and/or assist with processing graduate student travel in the College and Schools.
Assist with processes related to student scholarships and fellowships, including but not limited to:
- Working in the Scholarship Tracking System.
- Communicating with scholarship/fellowship recipients, School Directors, and/or Scholarship Coordinators.
- Reviewing student letters. Assisting with data entry and management for scholarships and fellowships.
Assist the College’s Lead Advisor on advising-related processes, including but not limited to:
- Helping with the undergraduate student calling campaigns.
- Processing STRIVE items.
- Processing absence reports.
- Assisting with Red Raider Orientation and Raiderland Experience events.
- Processing degree credentials.
- Provide outreach to prospective undergraduate students and their parents during Orientation and on an individual basis.
- Implement and enforce University and College rules and regulations.
- Make decisions regarding these regulations as delegated.
- Analyze data, generate and/or assist with, and disseminate periodic reports.
- Work closely with other stakeholders to promote consistency and uniformity of judgments regarding such matters as enforcement of academic requirements, academic probation and dismissal, transfer in or out of programs, and other similar issues.
- Audit student records and determine progress toward meeting University, school, and college academic requirements and to assess eligibility for graduation.
- Compiles computer generated databases and statistical program evaluations.
- Maintain appropriate files and records.
- Perform related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus one (1) year related experience; OR a combination of related education and/or experience to equal five (5) years.
- Experience with TTU work tools and entities, including Strive, Xtender, Scholarships.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Word and Excel Skills.
- Experience with the creation of programs and activities related to student success.
- Appreciation for the Arts.
- Ability to independently and use reference manuals to develop proficiency with software or computer systems.
- Good organizational, written, and verbal communication skills in the preparation and presentation of results.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Month Long Event (september)