01may12:00 am31(may 31)11:59 pmCall for Entries | Lubbock Music Now @ Civic Lubbock Inc.
CALL FOR ENTRIES Lubbock Music Now Civic Lubbock Inc. To Apply:
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Lubbock Music Now
Civic Lubbock Inc.
To Apply: https://civiclubbock.org/lubbock-music-now/
Call for Entries for Lubbock Music NOW 2022 Album Open May 1!
The application process for artists for the 2022 Lubbock Music NOW album opens May 1. Applications and songs must be submitted by May 31. The application form is available for download on the Lubbock Music NOW webpage. Artist requirements are listed on the website as well. This is the 7th annual album.
All entries must be original songs and professionally recorded. Songwriters who do not themselves perform can also submit an entry. If the songwriter does not perform, an artist of the songwriters choosing must professionally record the song. The Lubbock Music NOW album is open to musicians and songwriters living in a 100-mile radius of Lubbock.
Current and/or former members of the Texas branch of the Recording Academy (Texas Grammy Board) serve as judges and the top ranked songs are selected for the album.
We compile an album every year made up entirely of locally-produced music. Submitted tracks will be narrowed down and judged by several former and/or current members of the Texas branch of The Recording Academy (Texas Grammy Board). The top ranked tracks will be selected for inclusion on the 2022 album.
Fill out the application and make sure you meet all the requirements. You’ll submit one song in digital format (.wav file) to a designated online account. No hard copies. (See below for application instructions)
- Winning entries will receive a $200 prize and ten free copies of the album
- Winning artists will have the ability to opt-in to be on the Lubbock Airport’s Live Music Roster and/or perform on the Fox34 Lubbock Music NOW TV Special after the album is released.
- Inclusion in an elite group of local artists judged by past and present members of the Texas branch of The Recording Academy (Texas Grammy Board)
- Publicity: Your music gets out to the public in a unique way and your web site/social media account info will be promoted on our website.
- One song per artist. A band will count as one artist, but if a member of that band has their own solo project, they may also submit an entry as an individual artist.
- Artists may not already have a record deal in place or be signed with a label.
- Artists must be affiliated with one of the music licensing organizations i.e. ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC. (To affiliate, visit the ASCAP, BMI or SESAC websites)
- All songs must be original–no covers. Only professionally recorded masters from studios or live performances are accepted. Songs may not exceed 6 minutes in length and MUST be submitted as a .wav file.
- Artists must live within 100 miles of the Lubbock city limits.
- Artists must have played two paying gigs in Lubbock within the last two years and/or actively writing and recording songs.
- Artists will sign an agreement (the application) stipulating no royalties will be received from sales of the album. (All proceeds from the album sales will be used to produce future editions of Lubbock Music NOW)
- Artists not chosen for the current year may re-apply; artists who made the previous year’s album may submit a different song for the next album.
Applications must be submitted no later than May 31, 2022. Late applications will not be considered. You may either save your application and email it to [email protected] or print it out and mail the completed and signed application to:
Civic Lubbock, Inc.
Attn: Lubbock Music NOW 2022
1501 Mac Davis Ln
Lubbock, TX 79401
Once your application is approved, you will be sent a link to upload your song submission in digital format (MUST be a .wav file) to a Dropbox account for the judges to consider.
Notification to those artists selected for the 2022 album is anticipated to occur in July/August of 2022.
Email [email protected].
1 (Sunday) 12:00 am - 31 (Tuesday) 11:59 pm