08may(may 8)12:00 am29jun(jun 29)5:00 pmCall for Entries | "Honoring the Sacrifice" Art Contest for Students K-12 | Texas VFW 2466
“Honoring the Sacrifice” Art Contest for Students K-12 Lubbock VFW | PO Box 3126 | Lubbock, Texas 79452 Deadline: June 29, 2020, 5:00 p.m. During times of war, less than 1%
“Honoring the Sacrifice” Art Contest for Students K-12
Lubbock VFW | PO Box 3126 | Lubbock, Texas 79452
Deadline: June 29, 2020, 5:00 p.m.
During times of war, less than 1% of Americans sacrifice by joining the Armed Forces to protect the country, its
people and its freedoms. This less than 1% carry with them the scars of that sacrifice. Today’s COVID-19 pandemic
has caused us all to sacrifice. Americans are sacrificing some of their freedom to prevent further spread. And a very
few are sacrificing their lives to treat the sick, to protect the most vulnerable and to find a cure.
In honor of that sacrifice, the Lubbock Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 2466 and its Auxiliary have established a local
art contest that calls for the creativity of our youth. The theme of the contest is “Honoring the Sacrifice.” The student
should create art that captures the sacrifice in response to COVID-19.
• Any student in grades K-5, 6-8 and 9-12 who is enrolled in a
public, private or parochial school or home-study program in a
100-mile radius of Lubbock, Texas.
• Maximum student age of 18 years old at time of entry.
• Applicant does not have to be related to a VFW or VFW
Auxiliary member to participate.
• Art and entry form must be received by the Lubbock VFW on
or before June 29, 2020, 5:00 p.m.
• Winners to be announced at Lubbock’s 4th of July parade
(Fourth on Broadway).
• The first, second, and third place winners from each
grade level K-5, 6-8 and 9-12 will receive monetary prizes.
• Two-dimensional art must be on canvas or paper. Watercolor,
pencil, pastel, charcoal, tempera, crayon, acrylic, pen, ink, oil,
marker or other media taught may be used.
• Do not frame two-dimensional pieces.
• The art should be no smaller than 8″ x 10″ but no larger than
18″ x 24″.
• Three dimensional art can be paper, papier-mâché, pottery,
clay, metal work, fabric, etc.
• Pieces should be no larger than 18″ in any direction.
• Art cannot be more than 5 lbs. in weight.
• Digital art, photography and jewelry are NOT ACCEPTED.
• Completed entry form and attach to back of entry.
Entry Form: http://www.vfwlubbocktexas.org/HonoringTheSacrificeArtContest.pdf
Points of contact for the art contest:
VFW Post Commander Benny Guerrero —
Auxiliary President Cathy Jones —
May 8 (Friday) 12:00 am - June 29 (Monday) 5:00 pm