Call for Entries Clay on the Wall Buddy Holly Center 1801 Crickets Avenue July 1 2023 | Application Deadline July
Call for Entries
Clay on the Wall
Buddy Holly Center
1801 Crickets Avenue
July 1 2023 | Application Deadline
July 7, 2023 | Notification
July 21, 2023 | Shipping / Delivery of Artworks
August 4 – September 17, 2023 | Exhibition Open
September 20 – October 1, 2023 | Pick-up of Artwork
Entry Fee: $25
The Buddy Holly Center invites artists to submit work for Clay on the Wall, a nationally juried exhibition. This exhibit will be held in the Fine Arts Gallery and will run August 4 – September 17, 2023. The exhibition will be juried by Juan Granados and Von Venhuizen. Both Granados and Venhuizen are internationally recognized ceramic artists and are members of the faculty at Texas Tech University, School of Art. Granados, founded “Clay on the Wall” in 1993 and has presented hundreds of artworks by renowned artists over the years.
This is an open call to all artists living in the United States, 18 years and older. Works should be made primarily of clay. Works must be original, created within the last three years.
Work must be ready to hang, not exceeding 20 lbs.
• There is a $5 entry fee per piece.
• All work must be ready to hang, not exceeding 20 lbs.
• With your images, please include, height x width x depth, your images should be of high-quality JPG files.
• No substitutions for accepted artworks will be permitted.
• Artists are responsible for the shipping of their work to and from the Buddy Holly Center by sending a prepaid FedEx, UPS, etc, shipping label within the outlined timeline.
• Images of accepted work may be used for promotional purposes.
Artists who wish to offer their work for sale must fill out a City of Lubbock Vendor Application and IRS form W-9. The BHC will provide the City’s Vendor Application and IRS form via email or in person when delivering artwork.
The Bubby Holly Center retains a 30% commission on all artwork sold during the exhibition.
Entries are due July 1st via email to:
Buddy Holly Center Curator
June 1 (Thursday) 12:00 am - July 1 (Saturday) 11:59 pm
BUDDY HOLLY CENTER
1801 Crickets Avenue