Call for Entries: Sculpture / Gate Arts Council of Midland (ACM) Submission Deadline: Monday, August 10,
Call for Entries: Sculpture / Gate Arts Council of Midland (ACM) Submission Deadline: Monday, August 10, 2020
Arts Council of Midland announces a “Call for Entries” Main Entrance Gate into our FMH Foundation Sculpture Garden @ ACM. ACM seeks sculptors to submit proposals.
Call for Entries: Sculpture Gate
Arts Council of Midland (ACM)
Submission Deadline: Monday, August 10, 2020
Call for Entries: Functional Sculpture – Entrance Gate
Arts Council of Midland announces a “Call for Entries” Main Entrance Gate into our FMH Foundation Sculpture Garden @ ACM. ACM seeks sculptors to submit a proposal for a multi-function entrance sculpture/Gate to our Sculpture garden at ACM.
ACM’s sculpture collection encompasses several artists from the southwest region of the United States; most artists are from Texas
We seek design submissions for the main entrance gate of the arts center. Specifications are as follows:
- Dimensions of fence wall is 22’wide x 7’ tall.
- Minimum opening of sculpture/gate is 7 wide x 7’ tall
- Materials: Metal, powder-coating paint
- Use of the logos of the Arts Council of Midland and the FMH Foundation in the design of the entrance gate are required
- Gate must have a balance between openness and safety, so the design needs to be semi-transparent while using enough metal work to obscure part of the view through the gate of the sculpture garden.
- A visual sense of movement in the design is required
Price Money – Awards
- Six Honorable Mentions will be selected by juror from all entries and will each receive an award of $250
- Artists who place in the top three spots will each receive $750 and 2nd and 3rd places will receive a two-person exhibition with an Exhibit card and Reception in 2021
- First Place recipient will receive an award of $10,000 to purchase the executed original gate design , a One-Person Exhibition with Exhibit card and Reception in 2021
- Artists are encouraged to submit a video and required to submit a written proposal (form attached):
Proposal Deadline (for all funding and approvals):
- Submission Deadline: Monday, August 10, 2020, 5:00 pm
- Submit proposals to: [email protected]
- Installation Title
Physical Project Description (100 words maximum):
- A description of the proposed work in the most literal sense, naming materials and placement. Use language that is as clear and direct as possible. Please be succinct!
- Illustrations of Proposed Work
- Proposals must contain between 1 and 5 sketches or digital illustrations of the proposed installation.
Narrative: (1,000 words maximum):
Please upload a Word document or PDF that provides the following:
- Detailed project description, including a broader explanation of the proposed work.
- How will this work contribute to a visitor’s experience of touring FMH Foundation Sculpture Garden @ ACM
- List of the types of maintenance the piece will require
- Will the work have movement? If so, how much?
Requested Funding / Budget:
Please upload a Word document or PDF that details how the funds will be spent. The more specific the budget, the better. List exact equipment models and number of hours/pay rate of assistants, etc. Maximum funding for the project is $10,000
Artists may send a maximum of 12 electronic files illustrating previous work. These files may be photographs, audio files (2 minutes maximum length, per file), or video (2 minutes maximum length, per file). Common file types (PDF, jpg, tif, mov, mp3, and more) will be accepted. Electronic file names should include the artist’s last name, the sequence number, and brief contextual information
Resume / CV / Exhibition List:
Please upload as a Word document or PDF. Maximum 3 pages per artist.
If it is difficult or impossible for you to access the Internet or submit a proposal online, please write, call, or email us at the address below. Exceptions are possible, evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Georgia Wempe, Events & Program Coordinator
Arts Council of Midland
Artist Proposals – 2020
1506 W. Illinois Avenue
Midland, TX 79701
There is no entry fee
Submission Deadline: Monday, August 10, 2020, 5:00 PM Central Daylight Time.
July 6 (Monday) 12:00 am - August 10 (Monday) 11:59 pm